Please take the time to read our policies at Eve's Place. You will need to check off that you accept these policies prior to booking. We want everyone to have a happy and safe vacation. Hope to see you in 2024!
We will refund 100% or your payments if you cancel 45 days or more before your scheduled arrival date. We will refund 50% of your payments if you cancel between 15 days and 44 days from your scheduled arrival date. We will not refund any of your payments if you cancel less than 15 days from your scheduled arrival date.
Please note, if you cancel less than 45 days from your arrival date, your prepayment may be refundable if we are able to re-rent all the nights that you cancelled.
Short Term Rental Agreement
Welcome: and thank you for booking with Eve’s Place Lakeside Cabins. We wish you the best vacation at our property! Please be sure to read this Agreement carefully and completely so you understand the limits and obligations of both parties and let us know if you have any questions. Our goal is that you, and every other guest at the Resort, have a pleasant, enjoyable and safe experience at Eve’s Place.
This agreement is between Eve’s Place Lakeside Cabins (the Resort) and you (the Guest). The Resort is located at 1593 Croftville Road, Grand Marais, Minnesota, 55604, along the North Shore of Lake Superior. The Resort consists of 4 (four) individual and unique cabins. Each of the cabins is a separate structure with its own bedroom(s), bathroom, kitchen and sitting area, as well as designated outdoor space with sitting area, grill and fire ring. You are renting one of the four cabins, specific to your rental agreement and for the dates specified in the rental document.
Eve’s Place Lakeside Cabins Rental Agreement Terms:
- Resort and Guest understand and agree that the Property is a vacation Rental for a limited time frame and the Guest is a transient Guest. (You may want to stay longer, but you can only stay for the length of your rental.)
- The Resort agrees to rent to the Guest, and Guest agrees to accept rental of, the Property described for Guest’s use of Property between Check-in Date and Departure Date. (You are only staying here specific days.)
- Guest understands that the Check-in time is after 4PM
of Check-in Date and Check-out time is before 10AM on Departure Date. (You are only staying here a specific time.)
- Guest agrees to not enter the Property before the Check-in Date and agrees to vacate the Property on the Departure Date.
- Guest agrees to compensate Resort for use of the Property, by the Balance Due Date Taxes and Security Deposit. (You’ll pay the agreed amount.)
- Guest shall not allow the Property to be used for any business, professional or unlawful purposes. (Relax, you’re on vacation.)
- Guest shall not disturb or endanger neighbors or other Guests of the Resort. (No loud music, wild parties or fireworks etc) Quiet time between 10pm and 8am.
- Guest shall not subrent, sublet or transfer the rental of the Property to other guests that have not entered into a rental contract with the Resort. (This is an agreement just between us.)
- Absolutely no pets shall be permitted on the Property unless the Guest has entered into a Pet agreement with the Resort for a specific cabin. (If you’re bringing a pet, we only allow them in certain cabins and we have to know.)
- The Guest agrees to pay the Resort for damages to the Property including, but not limited to, furnishings and household items, which occur as a result of the Guest’s occupancy. Damages do not include normal wear and use. (Please don’t trash the place.)
- The Resort or Designated Agent may enter the Property at reasonable times and with prior notice for the making of repairs or inspection. (If we have to fix something we may need to come in and fix it while you’re here.)
- Guest agrees to limit guests to the Number of Occupants provided for individual cabins unless the Guest requests and the Resort agrees to additional Occupants. (We’re only allowed to have specific numbers of guests.)
- Guest understands that Resort is located outside of Grand Marais on Lake Superior. While the Resort is not located in remote wilderness, we have dangers not normal to city life such as, but not limited to: curious and often hungry wildlife such as chipmunks, gulls, and mosquitoes; natural dangers like slippery rocks, frigid water and rogue waves; extreme nighttime darkness which can cause neck ache from gazing at stars and Northern Lights. Guest shall use discretion around all wildlife and the natural environment and Resort is not liable for Guest failing to be careful. (Please be careful: Use common sense and don’t get hurt.)
- By making payment for a cabin at the Resort, Guest acknowledges reading and understanding all Rental Agreement Terms, and agrees if the conditions and limitations set forth by the Resort herein are not met, the Resort or designated agent may enter the Property and ensure the Guest vacates the Property. All monies paid by the Guest shall be forfeited as liquidated damages. (We all get it, we’re reasonable adults and let’s all behave like it.)
This Pet Policy is between Eve’s Place Lakeside Cabins (the Resort) and you the renter (the Guest) for the time frame agreed to in the rental agreement. By renting a pet-friendly cabin at the Resort, the Guest agrees that they have read, understand, agree to and will follow the Pet Policy Guidelines as follows:
- Guest agrees to adhere to local ordinances, including leash and licensing requirements. You do this at home, please do it here.
- When outside the Cabin, on the grounds of the Resort or on Croftville Road, the pet will be on a leash or in a pet carrier and under the control of the owner. We’re sure you love your pet, but not everyone feels the same about animals they don’t know. Also, your pet may be friendly, but other dogs (and wild animals) may not be. For everyone’s safety, including your pet, please keep your pet on a leash and under control.
- Guest will prevent the pet from engaging in behaviors or creating excessive noise that disturbs neighbors, including, but not limited to, barking, jumping and running. Most guests are here to relax: if your pet is acting out, that affects our other guests.
- Guest agrees to not leave their pet unattended for any unreasonable periods within the Cabin. Guests shall never leave their dog unattended outside of the Cabin. If your dog is barking in the Cabin if left unattended, you will be called to return to the cabin to assist your dog. Dogs often get nervous when left alone and may bark, damage furniture and soil flooring.
- Guest agrees to clean up after their pet and dispose of the pet waste properly. Nobody wants to step in dog poo.
- Guest agrees to not leave food for their pet outside the cabin. This may attract wild animals and would pose a hazard to guests, pets and the wild animals.
- Any damage to the exterior or interior of the Cabin and Resort (grounds, flooring, walls, trim, carpet, or any stains, etc.) caused by the pet will be the full financial responsibility of the Guest and that the Guest agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If because of any such stains, etc. said damage is such that it cannot be removed, then the Guest hereby agrees to pay the full expense of replacement.
- Guest assumes responsibility for all behavior of their pet toward other pets, other guests or any persons on the premises of the Resort and indemnifies the Resort and its agents from any attack or damages caused by the Guest’s pet.
- If there is reasonable cause to believe an emergency situation exists with respect to the pet and if efforts to contact the Guest are unsuccessful, the Resort agent may contact the local animal control authority and assist its staff in entering the Cabin to take action to help the pet. Examples of an emergency situation include fire or other disaster, suspected abuse or distress or any prolonged disturbance. Any and all costs incurred will be the sole responsibility of the Guest.
- Guest agrees that the Resort reserves the right to revoke permission to keep the pet on the Resort should the Guest break terms of this agreement.
- Guest agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Resort or its agents against all liability, judgments, expenses or claims.